On Fri, 9 Oct 2015, Jeremy Austin wrote:

Juneau, I'm not so surprised; how many other cities that small and isolated
have IXes? I'm curious. It's an interesting prospect, at least for some
value of $location.

Several small cities in Sweden have IXes. Not sure than any of them are quite as small as Juneau, but some (Borås, Luleå, Sundsvall) are sub 100k people, and other cities (Umeå, Uppsala) are just over 100k inhabitants. Umeå and Luleå are releativly isolated - at least by European standards.

Most of these are probably just a switch or two, and are probably there to provide better quality of service, and not because it makes for a good business.

    Best regards, Henrik

 Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at nordu.net>
 Software Developer, NORDUnet