> On Dec 7, 2015, at 11:08 , Christopher Morrow <morrowc.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> but the ITU is a larger conference over more time, so that's a plus, right?

Not necessarily.

The ITU is much less democratic and fails to incorporate a wide variety of
stakeholders.

The IGF isn’t a whole lot better in this regard, but the IGF has the advantage
of being a non-binding cooperative process
where the ITU can fall back on certain treaty obligations to inflict its will.

> also, it's international, and telephone, so really .. .they are super
> qualified to talk about internet governance stuff.

Sarcasm, right?

Owen