The device can definitely send texts. I had to purchase the device as a
data only device, then I contacted support and told them I was working with
Cisco on a project where the router uses these devices but needs text
capability. They did some magic on the number in their system and got it up
and running.

Adam Kennedy | Network & Systems Engineer

Broadband Networks

A Watch Communications Company

PO Box 8 | Rushville, Indiana | 46173

Tel - 866-586-1518 | Fax - 866-567-3897