On 2016-04-28 11:06, Alain Hebert wrote:
     Well,

     Once you eliminate the ~160k superfluous prefixes (last time I
checked)...  This is a none issue.

     Some work on some sort summary function would keep those devices
alive...  but we all know there is more money to be made the faster the
device become obsolete :(

Can you explain how this works? How can a router determine which prefix is superfluous? How does it cope when a suppressed prefix is withdrawn or a more specific prefix is added? Is this just one of those 'it works some of the time' solutions or is this something that can be done safely with an appropriate algorithm?

Thanks,
Laszlo