On 2016-06-06 15:21, Tore Anderson wrote:

But Netflix shouldn't have any need to ask in the first place. Their
customers need to log in to their own personal accounts in order to
access any content, when they do Netflix can discover their addresses.

Tore

Hey there's an idea, how about they ASK the users where they are located, instead of telling them where they are located. Presumably a user will have a new billing address when they move to a new place. That ought to be a lot more accurate than lookup based on a static map of number -> location. I don't think this is too crazy of an idea.. my car insurance company asks me what zip code I keep my cars in. Netflix could ask people what zip code they watch video from.

-Laszlo