On 2016-09-17 08:39, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/a-loud-sound-just-shut-down-a-banks-data-center-for-10-hours?utm_source=bbcfb

Releasing inert gas from fire suppression units that were over
pressurized resulted in an extremely loud noise – causing cabinets
full of hard drives to vibrate – which got transmitted to the read –
write heads of the drives.

Amazing sort of outage + data loss, and this time the physical
security plant chief gets to write up the RCA.

--srs

Another unexpected result when we had an all-out Halon test: thick fog, apparently from cold gas and somewhat humid air. I'm glad to have been watching through windows. Visibility in the room dropped to zero.