Hi Jason,

The following reply which I sent to the IDR mailing list might also be
helpful for you to understand the way most of these designs currently
work - as well as some of the problems we encounter with the existing
RFC1997 communities:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/idr/current/msg16219.html

draft-heitz-idr-large-community should tackle the missing 32-bit ASN
feature, but should also resolve the private AS overlapping problem
you're describing in [2] since it's a 32:32:32 format rather than 16:16.

Best regards,
Martijn Schmidt