> On Mar 13, 2017, at 2:52 PM, Mike Hammett <na...@ics-il.net> wrote:
>
> Another organization I'm in has a hard policy of no recordings of any
> sessions at their conferences. They think that recordings of content (even
> vendor-sponsored, vendor-specific sessions with vendor consent) would have a
> catastrophic effect on conference attendance.
>
> NANOG doesn't seem to have that issue. Any background on the process to get
> there? Any regrets?

Many attendees also find value in the parts of the conference that aren't
recorded, like hallway conversations, informal meetings, and even social events.

Keeping and maintaining the archive of slides and video recordings is an
essential part of NANOG's educational mission, which was key to obtaining and
maintaining the IRS 401(c)(3) nonprofit status.

So at least for the time I was on the Board, not only were there no regrets,
but we worked hard to maintain and enhance the video experience.
     Steve