On 14 May 2017 at 16:49, Eric Germann <ekgerm...@semperen.com> wrote:

Hey,

> For example, on the IPv4 side, there arguably is no value to timestamp
> requests and address mask requests externally, so dump them.

It's very dangerous proposal when we start considering everything 0
value which isn't value to ourselves currently. Is ICMP TS known
attack vector? It has one particularly useful diagnostic purpose, you
can use it to measure unidirectional latencies up-to 1ms accuracy. It
has on occasions reduced needed troubleshooting time and reduced
amount of people who need to look into the problem.

--
  ++ytti