On Tue, 5 Sep 2017, Dave Temkin wrote:

Hi NANOG Community,

Nominations are rapidly coming to a close - September 8th is the last day
to submit nominees.

Unfortunately, to follow up on my paragraph about diversity: So far, every
single candidate that has completed the nomination process is a white male.

What you're describing is a very coarse form of diversity based on physical characteristics. A white man who has lived his entire life as a peasant in Ukraine may well have a very different outlook and life experience to a white man who grew up in Australia. These two white men could bring quite diverse viewpoints to any situation even though they share some superficial characteristics.

I have always supported the most suitable candidates for any role, irrespective of their physical characteristics. I will always continue to do so.

Rob