On Sun, 24 Sep 2017, Mike Hammett wrote:
There are a bunch of WISPs waiting to go rebuild, but waiting for the clearance to do so.

I'm not sure what clearances they are waiting for. If they are already in Puerto Rico, self-sufficient, and respect curfews and other emergency responders, they should be able to start local restoration and recovery activities.

Several local ISPs and communication providers have announced open public WiFi hotspots outside their Puerto Rico offices during non-curfew hours. I've also seen reports from individuals volunteering on the Virigin Islands setting up internet access.

If they are not already on the island, most Puerto Rican airports and ports are still closed to non-military or relief activities. There is no U.S. mail or freight service. Only one airport was open for limited commercial flights. They will need to bring everything neccessary to support themselves, including food, water, shelter, etc.

Managing volunteers who want to help is difficult in all disasters. Unless they have training how to survive and take care of themselves in such a situation, letting in outside well-meaning volunteers sometimes become additional people who need to rescue.

WISPs already on Puerto Rico or U.S. Virigin Islands, with resources for recovery and restoration of communications; can contact the FCC Operations Center, (202) 418-1122, fccoperationcen...@fcc.gov

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2017/db0920/DA-17-913A1.pdf