Alas, these RBLs are often hard-coded into firewalls. Non-sophisticated users just think they have a check box saying "block spam". Fixing those IS hard.

I believe there are cases where people have made it hard, but there are limits on how much I believe in protecting people from the consequences of their ineptness.

Perhaps we should spin up a little DNS cache just for DNSBL queries.

R's,
John

In article <can3um4xyf34vjn5ko40unaqqw+gh4hzlkwoz6o5dbtij-de...@mail.gmail.com>
you write:
If you're going to run a DNSBL to advertise your mail software,
perhaps do so in a way that doesn't flip the bird at everyone using it.

On the other hand if you're going to use DNSBLs, you really should do
the tests in RFC 5782 every once in a while so you stop using BLs that
don't exist any more.  It's not hard.