* jeremyp...@gmail.com (Jeremy Parr) [Mon 05 Feb 2018, 18:28 CET]:
Somewhat OT, but before I was a jack of all trades enterprise sysadmin, I was a jack of all trades ISP sysadmin.

I'm seeing an issue at a few sites where I have Sophos XG firewalls deployed where the XG gets hammered on it's WAN interface by Akamai hosts with TCP re-transmissions. Anyone at Akamai who may have some background on this issue please reach out to me. The hosts currently in question are 24.244.145.137 and 24.244.145.139, but I suspect that is only due to these being closest to me, colocated at my ISP AS15146.

Chances are your firewall cannot keep enough state in memory and starts complaining about packets because it's missing sessions.

        -- Niels.