Got it.  Do any of those trunks add a new VLAN to the switch that was not
active before?  If so, that would cause a BPDU over all trunks that allow that
VLAN.  Even if the port is not up yet, by adding the VLAN to ANY trunk you are
implying that it should be active on ALL trunks that are not VLAN limited.

Steve