On 10/23/2018 08:47 PM, Ross Tajvar wrote:
Sorry all. I misread Owen's email. I'm not trying to air his private business to the list.

There is no secret - a quick search on the terms HE, Cogent and peering (and possibly cake) will give you the answer. Presumably Owen is not expounding because he used to work for HE.

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018, 8:20 PM Brad Knowles <b...@shub-internet.org <mailto:b...@shub-internet.org>> wrote:

    On Oct 23, 2018, at 10:32 AM, Ross Tajvar <r...@tajvar.io
    <mailto:r...@tajvar.io>> wrote:

     > I am also interested in hearing about this. I think it's relevant
    to the current thread.

    Speaking only for myself, there are companies where I have done
    short-term contracts, and where I am definitely not interested in
    any further employment opportunities with them.  OTOH, I am totally
    happy to continue to be a customer of theirs.

    Further discussion of that sort of thing would not be appropriate
    here.  If Josh is in the same boat with HE, I totally understand.

    For the Network Time Foundation (and related projects), I think
    we've been pretty happy as a customer of HE, but then we're just a
    small customer of theirs.

-- Brad Knowles <b...@shub-internet.org <mailto:b...@shub-internet.org>>

    Please forgive any typos.  I'm fighting a failing keyboard on my
    laptop, in addition to having a broken finger.

--
John
PGP Public Key: 412934AC