at 5:40 PM, John Levine <jo...@iecc.com> wrote:

In article <pine.lnx.4.64.1812111157380.6...@whammy.cluebyfour.org> you write:
Agreed, and I do get unsolicited Linkedin requests quite often.
Sometimes, this is clearly the result of someone scraping a list like
NANOG in an effort to drum up new business/contacts.  Those end up in the
bitbucket.

When you turn down a connection there should be "I don't know this
person" which demotes them somehow.  I gather that with enough of
those, you can't do invites any more.

This was the case back when LinkedIn were actively enforcing their TOS. LinkedIn was largely started as and designed to be a referral service. As far as I can tell though, they’ve been letting strangers freely connect with one another for years now.

-Daniel