They shouldn’t need OOB to operate existing lambdas just to configure new ones.
 One possibility is that the management interface also handles master timing
which would be a really bad idea but possible (should be redundant and it
should be able to free run for a reasonable amount of time).  The main issue
exposed is that obviously the management interface is critical and is not
redundant enough.  That is if we believe the OOB explanation in the first place
(which by the way is obviously not OOB since it wiped out the in band network
when it failed).

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL