Might be worth while to get some graphing on customers max transmission speeds
over the period of three days, a week, two weeks, month to better predict what
they may be seeing so you can better predict the area’s that could be effected
due to whatever causes.

A lot of times I find this comes down to name resolution as where to the
customer it looks slow but is more likely being drowned out by other traffic or
slow responses from the name servers them self that traverse <yournet>. But
those are just common causes. Prioritizing traffic will greatly depend on the
information you are seeing and a root cause will greatly evade you just doing
speed tests.

MRTG, rrdtool and some others can accomplish this for you.

Good luck

> On Jan 16, 2019, at 10:52, Colton Conor <colton.co...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> As an internet service provider with many small business and residential
> customers, our most common tech support calls are speed related. Customers
> complaining on slow speeds, slowdowns, etc.
>
> We have a SNMP and ping monitoring platform today, but that mainly tells us
> up-time and if data is flowing across the interface. We can of course see the
> link speed, but customer call in saying the are not getting that speed.
>
> We are looking for a way to remotely test customers internet connections
> besides telling the customer to go to speedtest.net, or worse sending a tech
> out with a laptop to do the same thing.
>
> What opensource and commercial options are out there?

—

J. Hellenthal

The fact that there's a highway to Hell but only a stairway to Heaven says a
lot about anticipated traffic volume.