Brandon Martin wrote on 3/9/19 12:18 PM:
On 3/9/19 11:36 AM, Jason Lixfeld wrote:
I could be making this up, but my understanding is that the Broadcom SDK is not free, and without the SDK, hardware interaction is limited.

It likely is not.

What would be interesting to know, however, is if the terms under which it (or at least the necessary hardware documentation) is distributed would permit a clean F/OSS implementation.

If it would, then you just need to find someone at Broadcom to give you the time of day...

If you don't need the SDK specifically and are using a Broadcom based switch you can get of-dpa or OpenNSL for multiple switches from https://github.com/Broadcom-Switch/ .  You can also normally get of-dpa, OpenNSL and even SAI from the switch vendor directly.