Yeah, I'm not so sure this should cause an error. I'd be naturally
inclined to go with it; thinking that if it isn't part of the task,
leave it alone.

Checking for required values is important. The one thing that the XSD
won't do is check for required elements. It will check the form of the
elements and whether attributes are required but that is about it.

For example,

<task1 attr1="foo">
        <required attr2="ha"/>
</task1>

So "task1" will require an "attr1" attribute, and will support a
"required" element with an "attr2" attribute (possibly required-not
checked by "task1" def). But there isn't enough info in the code
attributes to require the "required" element.

When attr2 isn't there, a runtime error will occur. Oh well, this is a
good start.

:)