So I did this (sent the email), then realized that if actually use the
existing file (meaning you add an xmlns=" to the project element) it
will cause problems with xpath queries.

Before you actually build (use the build file) you need to remove the
default namespace def from the build file. If you leave it, all xpath
queries will fail.

I'll send more info after I write up a brief description of the problem
(really just an explanation of the specification) and what to do. In
short, we will have to use a prefix name with our xml if you are using
the xsd, or change all the xpath in code (probably the better way).

If you want to read about the problem (before I post my explanation),
here are few posts that get into the issue:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=Ojp6QPIUAHA.279%40cppssbbs
a03&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dxmlns%2Bnamespace%2Bxpath%2Bcontext%26hl%3
Den%26selm%3DOjp6QPIUAHA.279%2540cppssbbsa03%26rnum%3D2

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=wy4rj92fju.fsf%40polya.u-s
trasbg.fr&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dxmlns%2Bnamespace%2Bxpath%2Bcontext%
26hl%3Den%26selm%3Dwy4rj92fju.fsf%2540polya.u-strasbg.fr%26rnum%3D1

Later,
Scott