Scott,

> Everything textual. Right now this would include anything that is
> written to the console via the Util.Log class. I would also assume,
> since log4net support modes, we could control the level of logging down
> to debugging.

I see. That's what I was thinking about. I do have one suggestion, though:
We should modify the ExternalProgramBase class to ensure that when the
external tool is run, we capture the output and error streams and log that,
too. Otherwise things will get really annoying, and not all we (or at least
I) would like would be registered in the logs.

Does that make sense?

--
Tomas Restrepo