I have a task for NAnt that will compile projects exactly as VS.NET does. Please see my earlier messages for more information, and let me know if you are interested in trying out the custom NAnt task.

Szymon Kobalczyk wrote:

Ok, here is the last problem I had to face today. Some of our projects are
strongly named and signed. All of them use the same key that is located in
the top folder of the project tree that is referenced by relative path. So
the adequate line of AssemblyInfo.cs file in such projects may look like:

[assembly: AssemblyKeyFile("..\\..\\..\\..\\MyProduct.snk")]

But for some reasons SLiNgshoT creators have chosen to produce build file
that compiles all projects into a single folder and uses fully qualified
paths. As a result of this the working folder during compilation is
different then it would be when building the same project with VS.NET. Thus
the above line will produce a compile error.

In my opinion the goal of SLiNgshoT should be to reproduce the compilation
procedure that is implemented in VS.NET as closely as possible i.e. to
compile each project into its own bin folder. I understand that some of us
may dislike the approach chosen by MS but if this stuff is going to be
working properly we have to do this their way.

Personally I would be very happy to help whoever currently maintains
SLiNgshoT to implement all necessary changes. I also encourage others to
discuss how to properly handle this conversion.

Best Regards,
Szymon Kobalczyk.

.