First… let me say that TortoiseCVS just rules.

Anywho… I decided to take Scott up on his challenge to monkey with fileset… and in the process ran across a few bugs in DirectoryScanner.  Absolute paths like

<includes name=”\my\path” />

were being treated like

<includes name=”my\path” />

and converting to \my\base\dir\my\path

Also, my/path and my\path should be interchangeable now regardless of your platform.

So attached is the patch.  Let me know if the tortoise fails to satisfy… first time using it….

Coming soon to a mail list near you…

            <fileset failonempty=”true”>

                        <includes = “blah/blah/**/*.cs” />

            </fileset>

I’ve got this working right now but want to bang it around a bit before submitting… I’m also not real certain that this is the best way to go about things… thoughts, anyone?

Hmmm… on second thought, I’m attaching the patch to fileset anyway… might make it easier for folks to decide, or at least give everyone a better idea of what I’m talking about.

I imagine it would be trivial to add a Log.WriteLineIf during that check… but I don’t want to further contribute to the bit-rot that the current logging methodology is causing.  J

Brian