Whoops- I keep forgetting the -u :) I can check this stuff in on my end.

Ian MacLean wrote:

Matthew,
I applied your patches to Fileset.cs and directoryscanner.cs as well as the new copytest.cs. The part of the patch fixing copy and delete failed to apply against my tree - maybe because the patch isn't in -u format.

The following patch fixes directories getting treated as files in a FileSet. This behaviour was breaking certain copy operations. It also fixes the Delete and Copy tasks to handle the new behaviour, allows delete and copy tasks to handle read-only files, adds a CopyTest unit test, and enhances the DeleteTest unit test.

All the unit tests run. There *may* be some other tasks that rely on the current broken behaviour (ie: expecting directories to appear in the FileNames collection). These tasks should be changed to use the FileSet.DirectoryNames collection as well as FileSet.FileNames.

As far as I know - only the cppTasks were expecting this. I've fixed them to work with the new behaviour.

Ian