Title: NAnt & CVS Directories

Hi all,

To recursively build all my subprojects, I've
written a task like this:

<foreach item="Folder" in="." property="foldername">
  <nant buildfile="${foldername}/default.build"
    target="${project.config} ${target}/>
</foreach>

That works fine until I don't import my project
into CVS... After importing a project into CVS,
each project's subdirectory contains a CVS directory
which doesn't contain a build file, and the task
above fails...

A workaround would be to add failonerror="false" to the
<nant> task, but in that way it would be difficult to
notice if a subproject fails (that is really true for
big projects with lots of subprojects).

So, I think either we have to add a property to the
<foreach> task in order to be able to discriminate
the CVS directories

<foreach item="Folder" in="." property="foldername" exclude="CVS">
  <nant buildfile="${foldername}/default.build"
    target="${project.config} ${target}" failonerror="false"/>
</foreach>

or NAnt should automatically ignore CVS directories.

What do you think about that?

PS: I apologise if I always send emails in HTML format: the problem
is that here at T-System the standard mail client is Outlook, and
even if I configured it to send out emails in plain text, Outlook
still send them as HTML documents (that doesn't occur when I send
you emails from my Linux machine at Agamura).

Giuseppe Greco
T-Systems CS AG
Birkenstrasse 21
8306 Bruttisellen