-----Original Message-----
From: John Barstow [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 9:07 PM
To: 'Erv Walter'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Erv Walter wrote:
> It seems kind of odd to suggest that the next version of NAnt
> should be 0.8.4, doesn't it?  The newest release version is 0.8.2, why
> are we skipping 0.8.3?

It's mainly because the CVS version has been marked as 0.8.3 for quite
some
time now, and it would be clearer to increment to 0.8.4 for a release.
If
support is not a concern, we can release it as 0.8.3.xxxx and let the
chips
fall where they may.

N.V. wrote:
> Not everything built with framework 1.1 will work with framework 1.0,
> because a lot of thing have been added to framework 1.1, it's more
like
> everything built with 1.0 will run with 1.1, and even then, i'm not
sure

There have been forward and backward breaking changes in 1.1.  The fact
is
that the majority of assemblies are not affected; for those that are,
the
release notes document workarounds for the breaking changes.  But the
important thing is that we test any change like this before committing
them.