    *From:* Yves Reynhout [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    *Sent:* Thursday, July 24, 2003 11:35 PM
    *To:* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    *Subject:* Re: [nant-dev] Solution/Project Parser

From reading the response posts I think I didn't make myself quiet
clear.
First of all what I'm suggesting is only of interest (I think) for
the VS.NET solution/project camp. I have not found a library yet
that allows me to parse VS.NET solution (.sln) and/or project
(.csproj) files, and get an object model back from the parser. What is in that object model? Well, possibly everything you can
find out about a solution or project via the related files
(.sln/.csproj). How could this affect the <solution> task? For
starters it wouldn't have to do the parsing of the
solution/project files itself. Secondly, as a consequence, the
parsing code wouldn't be mingled with what the <solution> task
actually does. The object model could also provide for a task
that e.g. extracts the files included in a project and updates a
nant build file's <csc> task, essentially a partial one-way sync
of the build file and the VS.NET solution/project. Another use
could be to build VS.NET solution/project files via the object
model (essentially letting "something" else be the master of
files, references, interproject dependencies, etc...), which could
maybe resolve your CVS problem - conflicts in .csproj files due to
teamdev - you[Erv Walter] mention. Allowing the object model to
save, in addition to the parsing, could provide valuable in this case.
So to resume, I'm talking about building a VS.NET solution/project
parser and object model (along the lines of what the VS.NET IDE
extensibility object "DTE" offers right now), and integrating that
with the <solution> task.