(This is a resend. I didn't see it come across the list the first time I
sent it. My apologies if it comes through twice)

Hi All,

Attached is a zip file containing a task called path. This task extracts
path information from a given partial (or complete) path name and
optionally expands it to a fully-qualified path, using either the current
working directory or the Project's base directory as the root, and places
in a designated property.

I looked through the list of tasks and didn't see anything that did
something like this (and we needed it) so after implementing it in a
script task, I decided to code it up as a full-fledged task and submit it
in the hope that it will be useful to others.

I wrote it is as being in the Nant.Core namespace because that is where
copy and mkdir are (and we seem to always be manipulating paths in our
build files) but if the project's admins prefer that it be a somewhere
else in NAnt or submitted to NAntContrib instead that is fine by me (I
didn't cross post, but I will send it to that list if you like).

The task is accompanied by 12 tests, and is fully documented.

Best,
Bill

William E. Caputo
ThoughtWorks, Inc.