The change to the "call" task makes upgrading our build scripts to the newest
version of NAnt extremely difficult.  We used the "call" task as a way to
handle dynamic dependences, which cannot be accomplished with the "depends"
attribute on targets.

If I submit a new task called "depends" that works like this:

<target name="A">
  <if propertytrue="foo">
    <depends ontarget="B,C"/>
  </if>
</target>

...would the NAnt development team be willing to incorporate it?  It would work
just as the "depends" attribute does now, except targets only gets resolved
when the task is encountered.  This way, the changes made to the "call" task
can stay the way they are.

Currently, the only work around we have now, is to add many properties that are
used to prevent a tasks for being executed more then once.  This new task would
make things much cleaner and simpler to understand. Comments welcomed,
especially on the names.

I also have some patches for the "exec" task which adds "resultproperty" and
"outputproperty" attributes, which functions just like Ant (though,
"outputproperty" includes both standard and error streams and is returned even
if output is redirected).

James.