Hi all,

I'm trying to develop new xml type. Right now I have some preliminary patch
to enable script like this:

 <xml id="x1">
  <book>
   <author>
    <name>John</name>
    <surname>Smith</surname>
   </author>
   <title>John Smith's life</title>
  </book>
 </xml>

<target name="test">
  <xmlpeek refid="x1" xpath="book/author/name" property="authorname"/>
  <echo message="${authorname}"/>
</target>

How you like it? I'm looking forward to your comments...

What I want to do is something James and Ivan also proposed: add some way to
return information from task back to script. I dont think that add
resultproperty/outputproperty to exec task and other whateverproperties to
other tasks is good way. What I want to do is add one general attribute
(e.g. result) to all tasks. Result itself will be xml dom with potentionaly
many values. exec task could for example have in it full commandline
executed, result code, stdout, stderr and maybe even more things! So it
could be written something like this:

    <exec program="${csprojconv.dir}\Gordic.Develop.CsprojConverter.exe"
commandline="${foldername}\${folder}.csproj ${version}" result="res1" />
    <xmlpeek refid="res1" xpath="output/resultcode" property="resultcode"/>
    <if test="${resultcode>2}">
        <fail message="serious CsprojConverter error"/>
    </if>

or even shorter when function for xmlpeek exists!

Martin