+1 on co-existence, of include+includes, for a release or two, but totally
removal by 1.0.

As for the "strict" enforcement of only declared elements and properties for
tasks/types, I had done some work on that a long time ago. Take a look at
the Element.AttributeConfigurator.InitilizeElement() code at the end of the
method. You will see a section that say "#region Check Tracking Collections
for Attribute and Element use" that emits the warnings. You could change
those to fail with a switch. But I would suggest that you go through and run
a lot of tests before you do this. There are still some tasks/types that
correctly do their own <element/> process that this method may flag as
errors. As I remember. I went through a cleanup a lot of them a year ago,
but much has changed since then.

For now, you can run with warnings logged and see what is caught.