it turns out that DirectoryInfo.ToString() returns only the name part rather than the full path on mono. And since the framework::get- functions are returning directoryInfo objects they get converted to strings using ToString(). I think we might be better off returning strings from those functions. Even on windows relying on the output of ToString isn't so wise as it returns the path you initialized the DirectoryInfo object with rather than the FullName.

To illustrate:

DirectoryInfo info = new DirectoryInfo("..\\..\\");
Console.WriteLine(info.ToString());
Console.WriteLine(info.FullName);

produces :
..\..\
H:\dev\test\csharp\ConsoleApplication9\
on windows.

I'll report the current mono behaviour as a compatibility bug. However the return type of those functions should probably change.

Ian

Ian MacLean wrote:

no leading slash. my NAnt.exe.config is unchanged from the cvs version. I think there could be a problem with the config file reading code because:

the following test .build
<property name="target.framework" value="${framework::get-target-framework()}" />
<property name="prefix" value="${pkg-config::get-variable('mono', 'prefix')}" />
<echo message=" mono prefix is ${pkg-config::get-variable('mono', 'prefix')}"/>
<echo message=" combined value is ${path::combine(prefix, 'lib/mono/1.0')}"/>
<echo message="${framework::get-assembly-directory(target.framework)}" />
<echo message="${framework::get-framework-directory(target.framework)}" />
<echo message="${framework::get-sdk-directory(target.framework)}" />
<echo message="${framework::get-target-framework()}" />

produces the following output:

[echo] mono prefix is /home/ianm/usr/local
[echo] combined value is /home/ianm/usr/local/lib/mono/1.0
[echo] 1.0
[echo] bin
[echo] bin
[echo] mono-1.0

${pkg-config::get-variable('mono', 'prefix')} is whats used in the config file to produce the assembly directory value. In the build file it produces the correct output but its not right when coming from the config file. Unless theres an issue with framework::get-assembly-directory impl. I'll do somw debuggin tomorrow and see what I can find.

Ian

Clayton Harbour wrote:

Hi,

No I am running rpms from the beta 1 release.  This is probably a silly
question but what is the value of your framework directory setting in
NAnt.exe.config?  If there is a leading slash Path.Combine might be
taking that as a root path.

Clayton