I think we decided to just document this side-effect.

My memory fails me here ... But if that is what we decided, then I guess we should indeed document it in both the filset doc and in the release notes ..

Sounds fair.

The reason for keeping this was that it was more consistent with
patterns like foo/**/bar.cs.  We can enhance the warning in
DirectoryScanner.cs to recommend using either "**" to match the base
directory or "*/**" to not match the base directory.  I suppose we could
even make that particular pattern an error.

Not sure we should do this ...

Since the pattern isn't optimal, I think a warning could be useful here. Ideally, you should choose one of the patterns above instead for maximum performance, rather than using the strange corner-case pattern itself. :)

Matt.
begin:vcard
fn:Matthew Mastracci
n:Mastracci;Matthew
org:aclaro Softworks, inc.
adr:;;1900 a - 11 St. SE;Calgary;Alberta;T2H 3G2;Canada
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Software Developer
tel;work:(403) 299-6612
x-mozilla-html:FALSE