That would work great!  I agree that whatever is done, it should be non breaking to existing true/false settings.

From: Gert Driesen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 2:45 PM
To: Erv Walter; nant-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [nant-dev] debug=true/full and DEBUG

Hi,

I agree that it would've been better to not implicitly set symbols, but instead leave it up to the build authors to use the define attribute for this purpose.

I'm not sure whether its a good idea to introduce such a (breaking) change. We could ofcourse not define any symbols when the "debug" attribute is set to Full, PdbOnly or None.

What do you think ?

Gert