-> > For addition or modification of files and directories in an
-> > existing zipfile, <zip> task could have an "append" boolean
-> > attribute, and for deletion of existing files, it could have
-> > a "delete" boolean attribute.
-> >
-> > "append" would be mutually exclusive to "delete", which should
-> > keep the fileset element unchanged.
->
-> Suggestion:  Rather than two attributes with extra validation, use a
-> single attribute (mode?) taking its values from an enumeration,
-> similar to the 'item' attribute of the <foreach> task.
-> http://nant.sourceforge.net/release/latest/help/tasks/foreach.html
->
-> That way, your zip task mode could be one of Create (what it does
-> now), Update or Delete... while leaving room for extension without
-> polluting the namespace or logicspace :-)

That makes sense.

Wasn't sure if it was worth adding an extra enumerator,
and if would be more appropriate to follow the logic that
the <echo> task uses (in regards to "append" attribute)
when it writes to a file.

A single "mode" attribute is cleaner and more logical.

As no-one seems to object, I'll keep an eye on SharpZipLib
and submit a NAnt patch when the functionality is available.

cheers
si