Message generated for change (Comment added) made by drieseng
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=402868&aid=1276852&group_id=31650

not just the latest update.
>Category: Tasks
>Group: 0.8.4.0

Initial Comment:
I have seen other posts regarding a bug like this, and it
has been closed, yet I can still recreate it in .84.

NAnt 0.84 (Build 0.84.1455.0; net-1.0.win32; release;
12/26/2003)

If a registry subkey (subfolder) under AssemblyFolders
has a bogus value, it can throw the exception shown
below.  My suggestion for a fix would be this:

1.  For each entry - first check to see if it is even
somewhat valid.

For my particular entry, it contained one or more
spaces.  Erasing them would give you the regedit
display of "(value not set)".  In the case of the strings, it
seems it is trying to open it as a folder, and it fails.

2.  If it seems like it could be valid (or at least not an
empty string after trimming), check with filesystem to
see whether it exists.  If it exists, then it could be
opened.  If it doesn't, perhaps a warning to the console
or log, and then ignore the entry altogether.

The work around for me was to put a valid folder here.

Thank you for your time.  The stack trace is below:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not
set to an instance of an object.
   at
NAnt.VSNet.Tasks.SolutionTask.ScanRegistryForAsse
mblyFolders(RegistryKey mainKey, FileSet fsFolders)
   at
NAnt.VSNet.Tasks.SolutionTask.FindDefaultAssemblyF
olders()
   at
NAnt.VSNet.Tasks.SolutionTask.get_DefaultAssemlyFol
ders()
   at
NAnt.VSNet.Solution.GetDependenciesFromProjects()
   at NAnt.VSNet.Solution..ctor(String
solutionFileName, ArrayList additionalProjects,
ArrayList referenceProjects, TempFileCollection tfc,
SolutionTa
sk solutionTask, WebMapCollection webMappings,
FileSet excludesProjects, String outputDir)
   at NAnt.VSNet.Tasks.SolutionTask.ExecuteTask()
   at NAnt.Core.Task.Execute()
   at NAnt.Core.Target.Execute()
   at NAnt.Core.Project.Execute(String targetName,
Boolean forceDependencies)
   at NAnt.Core.Project.Execute()
   at NAnt.Core.Project.Run()