-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Erik
Renes
Sent: woensdag 16 april 2008 18:33
To: nant-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [nant-dev] FW: System.Data.OracleClient assembly no longer
resolved(different behaviour 0.85 v 0.86b1)

Hi all,

When upgrading Nant to the latest version today, I noticed that a lot of my
previously working build scripts were failing. Compile errors arose from the
fact that System.Data.OracleClient.dll wasn't referenced.

Further investigation showed that nant 0.85 resolves the following:
        <include name="System.Data.OracleClient.dll" /> To be:
 C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\System.Data.OracleClient.dll

0.86 beta 1 fails to resolve the assembly.

When pursuing this in code I found that Resolving assemblies in the
Framework Directory had moved from AssemblyFileSet in NAnt.DotNet to
FrameworkInfo in Nant.Core, also see:
http://nant.cvs.sourceforge.net/nant/nant/src/NAnt.DotNet/Types/AssemblyFile
Set.cs?r1=1.7&r2=1.8

When looking in FrameworkInfo, I found that the new code did not reflect the
original code:
http://nant.cvs.sourceforge.net/nant/nant/src/NAnt.Core/FrameworkInfo.cs?r1=
1.22&r2=1.23
(look for ResolveAssembly).

Locally, I have added the original code in AssemblyFileSet again, this has
successfully solved my problem. However, this means that there is either a
bug in 0.86, or an intended change in behaviour. Given the CVS commit
comments, I doubt this was an intentional change.
Before reporting this as a bug, I would like to confirm whether or not this
change in behaviour was intentional?

If required, it would be possible for me to include a very small buildfile
that shows the problem.

Best regards,
Erik Renes