On 2011-10-27, Dominik Guder wrote:
> Am 26.10.2011 23:54, schrieb Ryan Boggs:
>> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Dominik Guder<o...@guder.org>  wrote:

>>> Other proposals:
>>> - Color output. Red for errors, yellow for warning and green for
>>> sucessfull build. I added this to my own net_2.0 build and I'm addicted
>>> to this easily identifying Green successfull build message.

>> This would be good for Windows but we should take care in *nix systems
>> as some terminal emulators do not support color.

> A short look at mono's BCL implementation showed that
> Console.ForeGround is basically is implemented. But this must be
> checked for sure.  Maybe we can check this with Log4Net team since
> they are providing the ColoredConsoleAppender. (not for Mono
> currently)

ColoredConsoleAppender uses Win32 APIs from kernel.dll which is unlikely
to work on Linux 8-)

For most Unix terminals log4net has AnsiColorTerminalAppender which
doesn't work with your usual Windows console.

There is a patch <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4NET-292>
that uses Console.ForeGround but so far nobody has taken the time to
review it.

Stefan