Folks,

I've put together a <sandcastle> task for NAnt.  Although I still need to
tidy the code up a bit, it seems to work ok.  Would anyone find it useful?
 Does anyone want to test it?  It only works with version 2 of the
framework, and looks in the registry to find hhc.exe, so it probably won't
work on MONO at the moment (though if a mono expert wants to try to make
it work, they are welcome - don't know enough about it to do it myself).

I can post the source, or maybe get it integrated into NAnt-contrib if
somene can tell me how.  It's based on the June2007 CTP of sandcastle.  I
have to say thank you to all those that post sandcastle stuff on the web,
'cause I've used lots of other peoples examples in putting it together,
especially Mikael Soderstrom who's vb script I plagerised to modify the
sandcastle config file on the fly.

Usage is fairly straight forward.  In its simplest form, something like:

        <sandcastle helpfile="myhelp">
            <assemblies>
            <include name="myassembly.dll" />
            </assemblies>
            <dependencies
basedir="C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727">
                <include name="System.configuration.dll" />
            </dependencies>
        </sandcastle>

There are other properties and elements which are documented in the code,
but basically are:

documentInternals       - whether or not to document internal members
documentor              - whether to use the prototype documentor or the
VS2005 documentor
outputPath              - where to save the chm file (defaults to the
location of the build script)
workingFolder           - where to store temporary files during the build
process.

<commentFiles>  - allows you to specify the the xml help files.  (by
default it looks in the same location as the assemlies it is documenting.)

Anyone interested?

Cheers,

Bill

IMPORTANT
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is intended for
the addressee only
and may contain legally privileged or confidential information. If you are not
the intended
recipient you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute, alter, or take any
action in reliance
on the information and Avon Insurance plc will not accept liability for any
loss or damage howsoever
arising, directly or indirectly in reliance on it and gives no warranty or
representation as to its
accuracy or reliability. If you are not the addressee, please notify us
immediately on 01789 202121*
and delete the material from your computer and destroy any copies.

Avon Insurance plc reserves the right to monitor and record incoming and
outgoing email messages for
the purposes of investigating or detecting unauthorised use of its system and
ensuring its effective operation.
Avon Insurance plc will not accept liability for any loss or damage as a result
of any virus being passed on.

Avon Insurance plc (No. 209606).
Registered in England. Registered Office: Arden Street, Stratford upon Avon,
Warwickshire CV37 6WA.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
A member of the NFU Mutual group of companies and the Association of British
Insurers.

*For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded and
monitored.