Hi,

I'm trying to parse my version property to get the individual elements
(major, minor, iteration, ...).  My end goal is to take the information
in the version in a format of 1.2.3.4 and turn it into a string that
looks like "010203" (takes each of the major, minor, iteration and
pad-lefts to a length of 2 with the zero char).

I have a property called ${version} in the format of 1.2.3.4.  I've been
trying to use the version::get_major() function, but I must be using it
wrong as I can't seem to extract the major number from the version.  I'm
trying to create another property:

   <property name="partNumberMajor"
value="version::get_major(${version})" />

    <echo>major is ${partNumberMajor}</echo>

And all I get back is "     [echo] major is
version::get_major(1.0.1.34}"

Then I found the version::parse() function and thought maybe I should be
using that to parse create a Version to pass to get_major().  That did
not seem to work either, even if I hard coded a string for my version:

    <echo>major version is
version::get_major(version::parse("1.2.3.4"))</echo>

Am I using these functions incorrectly?

Thanks,

Beth