From: Parrish, Ken [mailto:kparr...@gomez.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 4:40 PM
To: nant-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [NAnt-users] Filesets - include / exclude

Question about how <fileset> and <patternset> are interpreted.

How does Nant reconcile potentially conflicting <include> and <exclude>
tags.

During a copy operation, I would like to exclude all text (.txt) files
except those explicitly listed.  How might I do this?  Let's say, I want
to exclude all *.txt files EXCEPT a particular text file.  Is this the
right syntax?

How will the following example be interpreted by Nant?

           <fileset basedir="${sourceBinDir}">
                 <include name="messagefile.txt" />
                 <exclude name="*.txt" />
           </fileset>

What if the order of <include> and <exclude> are interchanged?  The
documentation doesn't make this very clear.

Anyone have any experience with this or similar situations?

Thanks,

Ken Parrish

Gomez, Inc.