Has there ever been any consideration to creating a mechanism for executing the
<call> task with a set of private, local parameters (properties) which are only
available inside the called task?

I'm not sure exactly how the syntax would work, but the idea would be to pass,
as an argument to the <call> task, a list of name/value pairs, or a list of
values that are identified by place or order.

I find the I often need to fabricate some sort of parameter passing mechanism,
using globally defined <properties> , to control <task>s that are designed to
be general purpose.  Typically, I'll create <property> elements that have names
which include the name of the task:

                <property name="mytask_sourceDir" value="sourceValue" />
                <call task="mytask" />

I'd much prefer something like:

                <call task="mytask" parameters="sourceDir=sourceValue" />

The assumption would be that the parameter 'sourceDir' is visible only inside
'mytask'.

Thoughts, ideas, considerations?

Ken Parrish
Gomez, Inc.