When you launch the console process (cmd.exe) give it a parameter of /k.
That makes the process and the window stick around until you terminate it.

From: Macdiarmid, James D. [mailto:james.d.macdiar...@saic.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 9:37 AM
To: nant-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [NAnt-users] Need help with a NAnt internal error

Hi all,

I have a C# Win Forms application that we use to kick off our build process.
This application launches a form which has several text fields which we use
to pass file path information to properties in our script, and a run button.
The run button starts a windows console process to call the Nant executable
and pass the form data on the command-line.   Whenever I kick off the build
process this way I am getting a Nant Internal error in the console window
however I can't read all of it.  As soon as the script is done the console
window closes.

Is there any way I can keep this process open or log the errors?   I know
nant  has a command-line parameter for sending information to a log file
which I am passing already on the command-line however the internal error is
happening before it can log anything.

Please help - this is making me crazy and I think I'm on my last hair
follicle.   Lol

Thanks,

Jim