Hi Sundar,

The problem with this approach is that it will replace any occurrence of
undefined this with the global object. However, this should only occur for
scope calls. For example, the following call would see undefined replaced with
global:

func.call(undefined)

This is probably not a problem that will occur very often, but ideally I think
we should do the check and replacement on the linking side, i.e. in
JSObjectLinker.findCallMethod.

On the other hand we can’t check for function strictness that way. Maybe do it
your way but add a boolean isScope parameter and bind that at link time?

Hannes