From: szege...@gmail.com
To: srinivas.d...@oracle.com
Cc: nashorn-dev@openjdk.java.net
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 4:45:56 PM GMT +05:30 Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai,
New Delhi
Subject: Re: RFR: 8134516(Move getInvokeByName and getDynamicInvoker methods
from Global to Context)

You shouldn't make Global.getContext() public. Context is a security-sensitive
class, and the only public access to it is supposed to be through
Context.getContext(), which includes a security check.

I see you have also simply disabled that security check in your patch. I’m
afraid that’s unacceptable.

You could make the patch much smaller (and avoid security concerns altogether)
if you kept Global.getInvokeByName and Global.getDynamicInvoker methods as they
are and have them internally delegate to their new equivalents in Context,
adding “this” as the last argument as they do so.

This is all in addition to Hannes’ observation with regard to the performance
implications in his previous e-mail.

Attila.