Hi Olivier,

Support for ECMAScript 6 is quite incomplete in Nashorn unfortunately. We only
support a small set of ES6 features in JDK 9:

        • Template strings
        • let, const, and block scope
        • Iterators and for..of loops
        • Map, Set, WeakMap, and WeakSet
        • Symbols
        • Binary and octal literals

„require“ on the other hand is not part of ES6. It was created as a way to
implement modules in the pre-ES6 world. It can be implemented in script and
there are implementations out there, so this is probably the most promising
approach to use modules in Nashorn.

Hannes