Hi all,

I've generated the kangax "compat-tables" for nashorn 1.8 and nashorn 9
(JDK1.8 and JDK9) respectively:

https://www.jetdrone.xyz/assets/compat-table/es6/

The current script is waiting a PR review to be merged on the official
project:

https://github.com/kangax/compat-table/pull/1261

I've been using Nashorn to get JavaScript support on Eclipse Vert.x and
while I've rerun the script to generate the report for JDK10 but there
seems to be no changes from JDK9.

Now with the announcement of Project Detroit:

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/announce/2018-January/000243.htm

What does this mean for Nashorn? Will the development stall and all
focus will go to the new project? are there any plans to add more ES6
features e.g.: "class" support as many of the missing features can be
added with polyfills e.g.: Promise, missing API, etc...

Cheers,
Paulo