Sorry for an awfully late response, but hope it might still help:
Java.asJSONCompatible delegates on the Java side to
jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.wrapAsJSONCompatible. It’s part of Nashorn’s
supported public API, so it should be fine for you to call it.

I’m actually wondering how useful is that API method - you need to pass a
“homeGlobal” parameter, and honestly I’m not really sure how you’d obtain that.
Maybe Sundar has an idea.

Attila.