Is there any way to reply to a thread before I was subscribed? I'm pretty
much a noob when it comes to this mailing list process.

As for the deprecation, we use Nashorn heavily for our Edge transformation
layers and would need to find something that's at least backwards
compatible with our use case. Our use case is actually quite simple so I
think it would be easy to get functionality again, but would rather find
something that will last more than a few years without heavy maintenance.